KUALA LUMPUR, June 23 -- McDonald’s Malaysia is continuing its meal sponsorship effort over an extended period as part of its ongoing support for healthcare frontliners.
In a statement today, McDonald's Malaysia said the number of hospitals treating COVID-19 patients and receiving the food sponsorship had reached 70 so far.
“It’s been more than a year since the first Movement Control Order (MCO) was implemented in Malaysia. During these trying times, Malaysia’s frontliners’ daily work helps to keep us safe and we want to recognise the unwavering strength that they have shown.
“Therefore, we are committed to continuing our support through this initiative over an extended period, so that we can reach out to as many frontliners as possible,” said the managing director and local operating partner of McDonald’s Malaysia, Azmir Jaafar.
Azmir also recognised the restaurant teams who have been on the ground to deliver food to the hospitals, putting smiles on the faces of the medical frontliners.
“A big thank you goes to the McDonald’s restaurant teams who have been engaging with the hospitals and ensuring that our medical frontliners receive their meals,” he added.
According to the statement, the effort by McDonald’s Malaysia is a continuity of the #KitaBoleh initiative, which the company started during the first MCO last year.
Since the start of this initiative, McDonald’s Malaysia had distributed over 200,000 meals to frontliners.
The #KitaBoleh concept that McDonald’s Malaysia started on its social media platforms was meant to leverage the spirit of all Malaysians to stand united and to keep the fighting spirit even during trying times.
It said #KitaBoleh was also a nationwide call to herald the silent bravery of the frontliners who worked tirelessly in the fight against the pandemic.
Article from BERNAMA : https://www.bernama.com/en/general/news.php?id=1975074