These Terms & Conditions apply to single orders amounting to order of RM18.00 (subject to the minimum order as defined below) that are placed with Gerbang Alaf Restaurants Sdn Bhd (65351-M) Licensee of McDonald's ("McDonald's") through www.mcdelivery.com.my or through our McDelivery™ Website and via tel: 1300-13-1300 (each, an "order").
- A RM5.00 delivery fee (inclusive of GST) applies for every order via mcdelivery.com.my or through our McDelivery™ Website and via tel: 1300-13-1300.
- Limited delivery areas apply due to limited participating restaurants.
- Special order requests (e.g. without sauce, additional vegetables, no ice etc.) are not available via web ordering. Customers with special orders are advised to call our 1300-13-1300 (McDelivery™ 1300 Number ).
- Breakfast orders are taken until 9.45am daily.
- Lunch/Dinner/Supper orders are taken until 9.45pm in Non-EMCO areas and 7.45pm in EMCO areas.
- Prices of meals may vary with your choice of drink. The price of your meal will be reflected on your order form prior to confirmation.
- To facilitate order processing, condiments are assigned based on a standard allocation. For any requests for any non-standard condiments, please order via the McDelivery™ 1300 Number.
- Every Happy Meal™ comes with a pre-assigned toy, based on availability.
- Although we will try our best to deliver your food orders within the indicated timeframe, to help ensure the safety of our McDelivery™ riders, delivery times may be affected due to bad weather, traffic conditions and/or any other unforeseeable technical issues.
- McDelivery™ service is subject to availability. We reserve the right to reject any order.
- Access to the McDelivery™ Website or McDelivery™ 1300 Number may be suspended temporarily and without notice in the case of system failure, maintenance or repair or for reasons beyond our McDonald's reasonable control. McDonald's disclaims all liability for any malfunction, suspension or interruption of the Website or McDelivery™ 1300 Number, including inaccessibility due to network problems.
- If McDonald's is prevented or delayed in the performance of any or all of its obligations under this Agreement due to an event of force majeure, then McDonald's shall be excused performance or the punctual performance, as the case may be, of its said obligations and McDonald's shall not be liable to you (whether in damages or otherwise) for such non-performance or delay in performance. "Force majeure" means any event which is beyond the control of McDonald's, and includes exceptional weather conditions, floods, droughts, storms, lightning, high winds, typhoons, earthquakes, natural disasters, acts of God, aircrafts or aerial objects, explosion, fire, war, hostilities, insurgencies, terrorisms, civil commotions, riots, strikes or lock-outs on a city or industrial scale, industrial disputes, industrial actions by workmen, shortage of labour, goods, food or materials, breakdown of machinery or tools or systems; and acts or regulations of government and political interferences with the usual operations of McDonald's.