How To Participate
To participate in the Contest, participants must:
- Complete the registration form with your full details here https://www.mcdonalds.com.my/anugerahguruinspirasi/nominate.
- Write a story or incident of how the teacher you would like to nominate inspired you, in more than 100 words and maximum of 1,500 words, in Bahasa Malaysia, English or Chinese and submit your entry.
- You may upload a photo or submit a video link, supporting it with a written summary of not more than 100 words. Photo and video submission is optional.
Conditions of nomination
- Nominations can be submitted by any students, parents or teaching fraternities to nominate teachers who meet the criteria as outlined in the nomination form.
- Nominee should currently be teaching in any government or private schools in any state in Malaysia.
- Nominees must be a citizen of Malaysia.
- Late, partially completed or nominations that do not satisfy the nomination requirements at the time of entry closing may be judged as ineligible for consideration for the award.
- All information submitted must be true and correct as at the time of nomination.
- Only nomination forms that have been correctly and fully completed and submitted by the deadline will be considered.
- Gerbang Alaf Restaurants Sdn Bhd, its panel of judges and agencies reserve the right to interview nominators and nominees to ensure that the submissions adequately present the requisite information.
- All submissions are reviewed according to set criteria by the award judges, whose task it is to select from the submissions those nominees who best exemplify Guru Inspirasi McDonald’s.
- Gerbang Alaf Restaurants Sdn Bhd accepts no responsibility for inability or failure to submit or nominate by the final date.
- Nomination does not automatically mean that the nominee will receive an award.
Use of Data
- All personal data provided by the participant for the purpose of this Contest, shall be deemed to have given with consent by the participant.
- Gerbang Alaf Restaurants Sdn Bhd may disclose or share your personal data gathered from such information provided by participant vide this Contest, to our business partners and associates. Gerbang Alaf Restaurants Sdn Bhd makes it a priority to keep secure the personal data of individuals and the said personal data will be processed in relation to their participation in this Contest. Participants acknowledge that they have read and accepted GARSB’s Privacy and PDP Policy, accessible at https://www.mcdonalds.com.my/privacy-policy.
Ownership Use / Rights
- The Participants and Nominees grant Gerbang Alaf Restaurants Sdn Bhd the right to use personal information (including participant’s and nominee’s details, photographs and/or video) for its publicity, marketing and advertising purposes.
- By providing material (including nominee’s details, photographs and/or video) to the entry portal the nominee warrants they either own the material/s or have acquired sufficient right to use the material/s submitted and agree to indemnify Gerbang Alaf Restaurants Sdn Bhd against any loss or damages caused by breach of this warranty.
- By participating in the Contest, each participant and nominee agrees to release and hold Gerbang Alaf Restaurants Sdn Bhd and its employees, officers, directors, shareholders, agents, representatives, parent companies affiliates, subsidiaries, licensees, advertising, promotion, and fulfillment agencies, and legal advisors, harmless from any and all losses, damages, rights, claims and actions of any kind in connection with the Contest or resulting from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the Contest Award, or travel to or from any award-related activity, including without limitation, personal injury, death, and property damage, and claims based on publicity rights, defamation, or invasion of privacy.
- Gerbang Alaf Restaurants Sdn Bhd reserves the right to end the Contest earlier or extend the Contest Period at its own discretion.
- To be considered for an Award, the nominee must be willing to participate in media coverage related to the Awards programme.
- Nominees may reject a nomination by contacting Gerbang Alaf Restaurant Sdn Bhd and its appointed agencies if they do not wish to take part in the nomination process.
- Gerbang Alaf Restaurants Sdn Bhd will not be responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any network or lines, servers, providers, computer equipment, software, traffic congestion on the Internet, etc. including, but not limited to, any injury or damage to nominees or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participation in or downloading any materials in this program.
- If for any reason this contest is unable to run as planned including causes beyond the control of Gerbang Alaf Restaurants Sdn Bhd, the company may at its sole discretion cancel, suspend or modify the contest.
- The contest may be withdrawn at any time without notice.
- These Terms and Conditions may be altered where necessary, and any changes will be notified on Gerbang Alaf Restaurants Sdn Bhd (McDonald’s Malaysia) Facebook page and/or website.
- Gerbang Alaf Resurants Sdn Bhd reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of a nomination, reject a nomination or disqualify a nomination that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.