Privacy & PDP Policy
English | Bahasa Malaysia
Thank you for visiting us online at www.mcdonalds.com.my. If you continue to browse and use this website you are agreeing to comply with and be bound by Golden Arches Restaurants Sdn Bhd (“McDonald’s® Malaysia”) Privacy and Personal Data Protection Policy.
At McDonald’s® Malaysia, we strive to do everything we can to respect the trust customers have in our brand and our commitment to your privacy is no exception. We are committed to protecting and safeguarding consumer privacy.
- McDonald’s Privacy and Personal Data Protection Policy This Privacy and Personal Data Protection Policy is issued taking into account the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (“the Act”) that was introduced by the Government of Malaysia to regulate the processing of Personal Data in commercial transactions. The Act requires us to inform you of your rights in respect of your Personal Data that is being processed or that is to be collected and further processed by us and the purposes for the data processing. The Act also requires us to obtain your consent to the processing of your Personal Data. In view of the Act, McDonald’s® Malaysia is committed to ensuring that your Personal Data is protected.
- Collection of Personal Data
Consequently, we wish to inform you that the types of Personal Data collected essentially depend on the purpose of collection. Thus depending on the purpose of collection, the Personal Data collected may be in the form of:
- Date of birth.
- Particulars of identity card / passport.
- Contact Information, address.
- Photograph, video, CCTV.
- Feedback, performance review.
- Employment records.
- Banking particulars, credit card details.
- Information on tax, EPF and SOCSO.
- Sensitive information such as criminal record, religion, health etc., if permitted by applicable laws.
- Such other information as may be required for specific reasons.
- Purpose of Collection
The Personal Data as provided/furnished by you to McDonald’s® Malaysia or collected by McDonald’s® Malaysia from you or through such other sources as maybe necessary for the fulfillment of the purposes (“collected”) at the time it was sought or collected, will be used for such purpose and or for the following reasons (collectively “Purposes”):
[Note that the reference to the items set out in clause 2 is based on the normal practices, subject to changes if the circumstances require].
- Assessing application to register for the use of the McDonald’s® Malaysia Website [Personal Data collected maybe in the form of 2(a) - (g), (q) or part thereof, and may also include 2(n) if any payment is required for services or products].
- Assessing application for franchising [Personal Data collected maybe in the form of 2(a) – (q) or part thereof].
- Assessing application for employment [Personal Data collected maybe in the form of 2(a) – (q) or part thereof].
- To communicate with you [Personal Data collected maybe in the form of 2(a) – (e), (q) or part thereof].
- To provide services, to process billing / payment transactions [Personal Data collected maybe in the form of 2(a) - (g), (n), (q) or part thereof].
- To respond to your inquiries [Personal Data collected maybe in the form of 2(a), (d), (e), (q) or part thereof, depending on the nature of your inquiries].
- To administer participation in any contest/program related to the public organized by us [Personal Data collected maybe in the form of 2(a) - (h), (q) or part thereof, and may also include 2(n) if any payment is required].
- For marketing and promotional activities, market surveys, trend and statistical analysis [Personal Data collected maybe in the form of 2(a) - (k), (q) or part thereof].
- For finance activities [Personal Data collected maybe in the form of 2(a) - (f), (j), (l), (n), (o), (q) or part thereof].
- For credit assessments, financial and background investigation as and when deemed necessary [Personal Data collected maybe in the form of 2(a) – (q) or part thereof].
- For the maintenance and upkeep of customer records [Personal Data collected maybe in the form of 2(a) – (h), (k), (n), (q) or part thereof].
- Meeting any legal or regulatory requirements relating to our provision of services and products and to make disclosure under the requirements of any applicable law, regulation, direction, court order, by-law, guideline, circular, code applicable to us or our affiliates [Personal Data collected maybe in any form as required by the requirements].
- To enter into the necessary agreement and/or contract [Personal Data collected maybe in the form of 2(a) – (q) or part thereof].
- For handling the report for lost item, customer complaints and taking appropriate action relating thereto [Personal Data collected maybe in the form of 2(a) – (g), (h), (k), (n), (q) or part thereof].
- For security and crime prevention purposes, risks management, safeguarding McDonald’s® Malaysia in the event of any claim, litigation, suits etc [Personal Data collected maybe in the form of 2(a) – (q) or part thereof].
- For any other grounds or reasons [Personal Data collected will correspond to such grounds or reasons].
Please note that it is necessary for you to provide us with your personal data. Failure to do so may result in us being unable to process and/or use your personal data in relation to the Purposes.
- Rights of Access You may at any time hereafter make inquiries, complaints and request for access to, or correction of, your Personal Data or limit the processing of your Personal Data by submitting such request to the Legal Department of McDonald’s® Malaysia via registered post at the address as set out below:
Any Personal Data retained by us shall be destroyed and/or deleted from our records and system in accordance with our retention policy in the event such data is no longer required for the said Purposes..
Level 6, Bangunan TH, Damansara Uptown 3,
No. 3 Jalan SS 21/39, 47400 Petaling Jaya,
- Disclosure of Personal Data
McDonald’s® Malaysia does not sell, transfer or disclose personal information to third parties outside the McDonald’s® Malaysia Family. The Personal Data provided to us will be kept confidential however, we may disclose your Personal Data to the following parties:
Third parties are legally tasked with processing your Personal Data in line with principles specified by McDonald’s® Malaysia and may not use it for any other purposes. Third parties are also held responsible for securing your Personal Data at an appropriate level of security in relation to applicable data protection laws and widely accepted industry standards.
- Within the McDonald’s® Malaysia Family that includes McDonald’s Corporation, our franchisees, our subsidiaries, business partners and our affiliates that provide related services or products in connection with our business;
- Our auditors, consultants, lawyers, accountants or other financial or professional advisers appointed in connection with our business;
- Our third party service providers, third party management companies, sub-contractors or other parties as may be deemed necessary by us to facilitate your dealings with us;
- Our appointed service providers in relation of our delivery services; and
- Any persons, government agencies, statutory authorities and/or industry regulators, whom we are compelled or required to do so pursuant to any law.
- Integrity of Your Personal Data
You are responsible for ensuring that the Personal Data you provide us is accurate, complete and not misleading and that such Personal Data is kept up to date. We may request your assistance to procure the consent of third parties whose Personal Data is provided by you to us and you agree to use your best endeavours to do so.
- Transferring Personal Data outside of Malaysia
It may be necessary, if so required for any of the Purposes to transfer your Personal Data to locations outside Malaysia or to disclose to our related corporations, licensees, franchisees, business partners, service providers and/or the relevant authorities, who may be located within or outside Malaysia. Save for the foregoing, your Personal Data will not be knowingly transferred to any place outside Malaysia or be knowingly disclosed to any third party.
In accordance to Section 7(3) Personal Data Protection Act 2010, this Policy is issued in both Malaysian and English languages. In the event of any inconsistency, the English language version of this Policy shall prevail.
- Links to Other Sites
We may offer links to sites that are not operated by McDonald’s® Malaysia. If you visit one of these linked sites, you should review their privacy and other policies. We are not responsible for the policies and practices of other companies, and any information you submit to those companies is subject to their privacy policies.
- Other McDonald’s® Web Sites
- Changes to this Policy
We trust that you will consent to the processing of your Personal Data. By providing your Personal Data to us, you declare that you have read, understood and accepted the statements and terms herein.
Thanks again for visiting our website and for placing your trust in McDonald’s® Malaysia.