HAPPY MEAL® TOYS
Hall of Fame
Meet Batman & Robin
CONTEST TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Participation in the ‘McDonald’s® Malaysia Lego Batman Cosplay Contest (“the Contest”) constitutes the participant’s full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Terms & Conditions. Golden Arches Restaurants Sdn. Bhd. (“McDonald’s® Malaysia”) reserves the right to amend the Terms & Conditions at its sole discretion without prior notice.
- The Contest is open to all Malaysian citizens of all ages residing in Malaysia. Participants below the age of 21 years are required to seek parental or guardian consent.
- The Contest will run for 1 month, starting from 2 February 2017 11:00:00 to 1 March 2017 23:59:59 following (UTC+08:00) Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia time zone (“Contest Period”).
- Entries received outside the Contest Period are invalid and will not be entertained.
- Employees of McDonald’s® Malaysia, their immediate families, affiliates, subsidiaries, related agencies and suppliers and/or persons living in the same household are ineligible to join the Contest.
To participate in the Contest, participants must:
Step 1: Select a Lego Batman Cosplay theme for your costume.
Step 2: DIY your costume.
Step 3: Take a snapshot, upload it to Instragram with the hashtag #McDLegoBatmanMY and complete the registration form.
- Participants are allowed to submit more than one (1) entry throughout the Contest Period but only eligible to win ONE (1) prize only.
- Participants are allowed to participate in groups and/or individually.
In determining whether an Entry is a valid Entry, McDonald’s®
Malaysia’s decision shall be final and conclusive. McDonald’s®
Malaysia will take into account all factors deemed relevant by
McDonald’s® Malaysia which may include but not limited to the
- The Entry needs to be original and not a material duplication, copy or reproduction of other entries;
- The Entry is not offensive, illegal or insensitive to any segment of society, etc.
Grand Prize X 5
- Five (5) most creative entries will be chosen as the Grand Prize Winners.
Grand Prize Winners are entitled to receive the following
- ONE (1) box of “Batcave Break-in” Lego Set worth RM529
- RM500 worth of McDonald’s Gift Certificates
Consolation Prize x 10
- ONE (1) box of “The Penguin Arctic Roller” Lego Set worth RM179
- RM150 worth of McDonald’s Gift Certificates
- Winners announcement will be posted on the McDonald’s® Malaysia Facebook Page (www.facebook.com/My.McDonalds) and McDonald’s website.
- Prizes are not transferable or exchangeable for cash, in part or in full. McDonald’s® Malaysia reserves the right to substitute the prize with that of a similar value at any time.
- Winners who keyed in an incomplete mailing address during contest registration will be disqualified.
- Winners are required to comply with the Terms & Conditions stated on each voucher.
- McDonald’s® Malaysia is not responsible for any lost mails or damages during prize delivery.
- All personal data provided by the Participant via online registration to McDonald’s® Malaysia for the purpose of this Contest, shall be deemed to have provided with consent by the Participant. McDonald’s® Malaysia may disclose or share your personal data, gathered from such information provided by Participants via this website, to our business partners and associates. McDonald’s® Malaysia makes it a priority to keep secure the personal data of individuals and the said personal data will be processed in relation to their participation in this Contest. Please visit http://www.mcdonalds.com.my/privacy_policy.asp. to review and read the McDonald’s® Malaysia Privacy and PDP Policy. Participants acknowledge that they have read and accepted the McDonald’s® Malaysia Privacy and PDP Policy.
- The Participants grant to McDonald’s® Malaysia the right to use any photos and/or other materials received during the Contest (including the Participants’ name, email addresses, contact numbers, photos, etc.) for advertising, marketing and communication purposes without compensation to the Participant, his or her successors or assigns, or any other entity.
- McDonald’s® Malaysia reserves the right to reject any entries that are incorrect, incomplete, suspicious or invalid. The Participant agrees not to knowingly damage or cause interruption to the Contest and/or prevent others from entering the Contest.
McDonald’s® Malaysia and its respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, licensees, directors, officers, agents, independent contractors, advertising, promotion, and fulfillment agencies, and legal advisors are not responsible for and shall not be liable for:-
- disruption, network congestion, malicious virus attacks, unauthorized data hacking, data corruption and server hardware failure or otherwise; any technical errors, whether due to inaccessibility of internet network
- telephone, electronic, hardware or software program, network, internet, server or computer malfunctions, failures, interruptions, miscommunications or difficulties of any kind, whether human, mechanical or electrical, including, without limitation, the incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry information online;
- late, lost, delayed, misdirected, incomplete, illegible or unintelligible communication including but not limited to e-mails;
- failed, incomplete, lost, garbled, jumbled, interrupted, unavailable or delayed computer transmissions;
- any condition caused by events beyond the control of the McDonald’s® Malaysia that may cause the Contest to be disrupted or corrupted;
- any injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising in connection with or as a result of the gift, or acceptance, possession, or use of the Prize, or from participation in the Contest; or VII. any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Contest.
- By participating in the Contest, each participant agrees to release and hold McDonald’s® Malaysia and its employees, officers, directors, shareholders, agents, representatives, parent companies affiliates, subsidiaries, licensees, advertising, promotion, and fulfillment agencies, and legal advisors, harmless from any and all losses, damages, rights, claims and actions of any kind in connection with the Contest or resulting from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the Prize, or travel to or from any gift-related activity, including without limitation, personal injury, death, and property damage, and claims based on publicity rights, defamation, or invasion of privacy.
- McDonald’s® Malaysia and its respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, licensees, directors, officers, employees, agents, independent contractors and advertising/promotion agencies make no warranties, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the use or enjoyment of the Prizes, including, without limitation, their quality, merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
- Winners will be required to sign and return a release of liability, declaration of eligibility, and where lawful, publicity consent agreement, from McDonald’s® Malaysia. By participating in the Contest, winners agree to grant McDonald’s® Malaysia and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, licensees, directors, officers, agents, independent contractors and advertising/promotion agencies the use of data collected through the Contest website, likeness, biographical data and statements for purposes, including, without limitation, advertising, trade, or promotion, in perpetuity, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, without compensation, unless prohibited by law. If the winners cannot be contacted and/or the registration is ineligible and/or fails to claim a Prize and/or fails to timely return the completed and executed declaration and releases as required, the Prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner may be selected. Refusal or return of the winners’ notification as undelivered will also result in disqualification and an alternate winner may be selected. Appeals to check the status of entries will not be entertained.
- McDonald’s® Malaysia reserves the right to end the Contest earlier or extend the Contest Period at its own discretion.
- All costs, fees and/or expenses incurred or to be incurred by the Winners in relation to the Contest and/or to claim the Prize(s), which shall include but not limited to the costs for transportation, postage/courier, personal costs and/or any other costs, are the sole responsibility of the Winners.
- For the avoidance of doubt, the Prizes are provided by McDonald’s® Malaysia’s suppliers. The Participant and/or Winner hereby acknowledge and agree that McDonald’s® Malaysia excludes all warranty and/or liability in connection with the awarded Prizes and/or the Contest. The Participant shall assume full liability and responsibility in case of any liability, mishap, injury, loss, damage, claim or accident (including personal injury and/or death) resulting from their participation in the Contest, redemption and/or usage of the Prizes. McDonald’s® Malaysia shall not be held responsible for any loss, damage or injury (including death) in any manner whatsoever suffered by the Participant as a result of the participation in the Contest and/or the use of the Prizes.